KinL: The 5E Model
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Understand the key components of The 5E Model.
- See the relationship between the 5E Model and student owned inquiry.
- Discovery 5E Model connection to best practice and other district initatives.
- Gain insight to the benefits of using the 5E Model.
- Successfully integrate The 5E Model into lesson planning.
- Understand the importance of using research based Best Practice strategies in creating lesson plans.
- Design an Action Plan for creating 5E lessons for my class which will be my deliverable.
- Apply Student Success and Career Skills into 5E Lesson Plans.