Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s. Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion.
This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Investigate the STEM acronym being used across the United States and its limitations as noun based.
- Discover how STEM supports a cross-curricular, transdisciplinary, or project-based learning unit of study.
- Facilitate ways to get the entire school to embrace STEM by going outside the traditional STEM content and look at important verbs that are a part of all subject standards.
- Study how STEM thinking works in any content area.
- Consider the skills that must be learned for a future career, or multiple careers.
- Investigate how the STEM process allows students to practice and develop the ability to problem solve, authentically learn, think in critical ways, invent, produce, persevere, collaborate, empathize, and design.
- Discover free resources to help make STEM the verb in all subject areas.