KinL: PBL and Gold Standards
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Make e a PBL start short and simple by bringing PBL Gold Standards into a lesson.
- Understand how PBL contains Gold Standards that can be used in a unit or just a lesson.
- Explore the power in student action, ownership, and engagement.
- Identify the Gold Standards of PBL from PBLWorks.
- Begin to work with the Teaching Practices from PBLWorks using small steps.
- Emphasize PBL Gold Standards in lessons, physical classroom, and learning culture.
- Realize that PBL can start small… with lessons that amplify the Standards.
- Identify connections between PBL and other important and relevant teaching pedagogies.
- Adopt PBL Gold Standards and transfer them to any grade level and subject.
- Identify resources that will help on the start of a PBL journey.
- Develop a short action plan to bring the Gold Standards to any classroom or school.