Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Understand the need for incorporating Social and Emotional Learning in every classroom.
- Create an understanding of how this incorporation builds a necessary foundation for learning.
- Discover and use the basics of the framework of the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotional Learning, (CASEL).
- Develop an understanding of how to build a culture that is optimal for student learning conditions.
- Find ways to meet academic and curricula standards.
- Integrate CASEL components in every subject and lesson.
- Create a plan to incorporate these important strategies in the classroom.
- Understand how these can be a vital component of school and classroom culture.