Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Recognize the need to prepare students to be successful on standardized tests while giving students the opportunity to learn through hands-on activities.
- Discover ways of implementing Makerspace and STEAM activities into the curriculum fostering critical-thinking and problem-solving skills which extend beyond the classroom.
- Discover ways to teach in person, online, or a combination of both while employing the important skills found in Makerspace/STEAM/STEM to the everchanging blended classroom environment?
- Learn how to successfully take Makerspace/STEAM/STEM projects into the virtual world.
- Explore free resources including project ideas, helpful hints, and hands-on activities that will engage students.
- Emphasize the 4 C’s (critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration) and important college and career ready skills.
- Design a virtual “In the Bag” activity.