Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Discover how Sketchnoting is a significant strategy and tool to add to any Teacher Toolbox.
- Explore ways to use at any grade level and any content area for all kinds of learners.
- Investigate ways students can use this technique to brainstorm, collaborate (it works well on Zoom, Collaborate Board, etc) and build on ideas from others.
- Facilitate student ownership of their learning.
- See connections of Sketchnoting to the design process and writing process.
- Understand how Sketchnoting connects with important college and career readiness skills and the portrait of a graduate.
- Explore free resources to support Sketchnoting.
- See how Sketchnoting supports deeper learning, understanding, and student ownership.
- Develop a plan to incorporate Sketchnoting in any classroom.