PBL (Project Based Learning), the Gold Standards and Blended Learning
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Expand knowledge for both current PBL experts and those new to PBL.
- Investigate the PBL Gold Standards published by PBLWorks (BIE… BUCK Institute).
- Discover how the Gold Standards replace those Eight Essential Elements that were part of the BUCK Institute (BIE) teaching before they transformed into PBLWorks.
- Investigate links to some free tools, information, ideas, articles, and concepts based on PBL.
- Polish an existing or new PBL using a Gold Standard or two using one of the resources provided emphasizing an online or blended idea.
- Discover how a single lesson can incorporate PBL and blended concepts.
- Examine the PBL Gold Standards under the lens of blended and e-learning.
- Discover that PBL can be done both in the blended environment, or totally online.