Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Discover the power of a Makerspace for engaging student learning.
- Explore ways to create Makers’ possibilities for the classroom and school.
- Focus on first steps in building a Maker’s Culture and the type of thinking that goes with it.
- Learn how to connect student making with curricular standards and how to bring this whole idea into the curriculum.
- Focus on how a Makerspace can help build important career success skills while building on the 4Cs of communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Explore free resources and materials to build a Makerspace and culture.
- Discover how Makers connected with the curriculum, helps standards come alive and allows connections between subjects, and from school to community.