Full course description
This course is designed so that concepts learned, and resources introduced, can be applied the next day in any school setting. This course is self-paced so participants can set their own schedule!
It is designed to fit the needs of busy educators; one can stop and start this course anytime during the 90 day enrollment period. You should expect to spend a total of 8 hours working through the course content and earn 8 PGP’s.
Once you have completed all course modules you will receive your certificate of completion. This PD was developed at the Region 8 ESC through funding from the Schwab Foundation in Fort Wayne Indiana.
Learning Intentions for this course are:
- Explore the concept of "hacking the writing process" in all content areas.
- Discover how every teacher, no matter the content, is a teacher of writing and how every content area has its own writing demands.
- Develop awareness of what is expected when students are asked to write, while making sure educators carefully teach and model specific types of writings,
- Become aware of pedagogy that includes student time for practice allowing for proficiency.
- Develop an attitude of "hacking writing" that provides students a skill set to to publish digitally and immediately while garnering a wide audience within hours.
- Promote and facilitate students as writers and design thinkers.
- Challenge all educators to redefine what writing is, and how it provides opportunities for students to be future oriented, and ready.
- Explore design processes and how they integrate with the writing process.